In the day and age that we live one thing is as true as it ever was – – it doesn’t matter how good you are or how competitive your prices are if no one knows about you! As a result, the age-old challenge of making sure that potential clients find you continues to rage on. Currently, however, the secret to achieving this goal no longer revolves around the yellow pages, billboards nor, to some extent, even radio and TV advertising. Rather, the key, the “secret” if you would, to marketing success pretty much revolves around the Internet and Social Media!
This realm can, without a doubt, be over-whelming to the average businessman. While volumes and volumes have been written on this topic, there are five “golden nuggets’ that will at least give you a “jump-start” in the Marketing World of the 21st Century!
1. CREATE A LOCAL PRESENCE ON THE BIG THREE SEARCH ENGINES – These are, of course, GOOGLE PLACES, YAHOO LOCAL, and BING LOCAL (BUSINESS PORTAL).
2. GET LISTED IN AS MANY LOCAL DIRECTORIES AS POSSIBLE – These can run the gamut from “Angie’s List” to “Hot Frog” and includes things like:
3. CREATE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES – Including Company Accounts (not personal) in FOURSQUARE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKED IN and YOU TUBE.
4. ENCOURAGE CLIENTS TO WRITE AND POST POSITIVE REVIEW IN GOOGLE PLACES (and YAHOO AND BING) and LOCAL DIRECTORIES such as ANGIE’S LIST – There are several excellent ways to accomplish this.
5. PURSUE SEARCH ENGINE RANKING ON YOUR TARGETED LOCAL KEYWORDS – Example: Plumber – Dallas – Texas
As you can imagine, there are numerous steps necessary to accomplish the above steps, and, to learn what they are, go to Pathmaker Marketing.