Video is one of the most powerful, but least-used tools in website marketing. In fact, it is so powerful that, while others are scurrying about fretting about keywords and SEO, they could, in fact, gain a lot more traction by creating and posting some videos on their website or elsewhere pointing to their website.
Pathmaker Marketing wants you to be aware of the power of video and, perhaps more so, to be aware that you can do much of it on your own. You don’t have to be a video pro. You just have to provide valuable content.
Here are ten reasons – a short list, by the way, that you should consider including video as part of your digital marketing campaign.
- Video improves brand association by 139%.
- Video increases purchase intent (or some specific action intent) by 97%.
- Google ranks websites with videos five times higher than websites without them.
- When videos are included in emails, click-through rates increase by 200-300%.
- When videos are included in emails, opt-out rates decline by 75%
- One third of all online activity is spent watching video.
- Three fourths of video viewers visit a business’ website after watching one of their videos on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
- On average, only 20% of website visitors read an entire page of content on any given website, but 80% say they watch website videos all the way through. This number may vary dependent on the length of the video. Moderation is best. We recommend one to three minutes maximum.
- More video content is uploaded every 30 days than all the content created by ABC, CBS and NBC in the last 30 years!
- More than 70% of digital marketers report that video generates a higher conversion rate than any other online tool.
DID YOU KNOW? YouTube is the second most-used search engine in the world. That means that people are searching for video content – lots of video content. And it’s not all music. Many of those videos are informative or instructional. That’s exactly what we’re talking about.
Your online videos don’t have to be professionally produced, but if you want to go that route, it’s a lot more affordable than most people imagine. Simple, face looking directly into the camera, information or invitation – recorded using mobile devices can be just as compelling and effective as commercially produced videos.
Like the text portion of a website, video is all about compelling content. Pathmaker Marketing would be happy to assist in consulting about or producing short, compelling videos to help build your response rates. Give us a call at 800-224-2735.